Tèkne srl, participated with the architect Ahmed ZIYAT of Rabat (Main Company) and with the architect Carlo PES of Rome at the open competition organized by the Ministry of Health for the planning and management of the works related to the construction of a UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL CENTER with 500 beds in the city of Laayoune in the south of Morocco.
This project was included in a global and structural Moroccan health retraining scheme with the aim of satisfying the following fundamental objectives:
▪ Promote a new regional health development center;
▪ Reduce the pressure on existing university hospital centers, in particular the University Hospital of Marrakech;
▪ Improve health coverage in advanced medicine in the south of the Sahara;
▪ Serve mainly the population of the Sakai El Hamra region in Laayoune, covering an area of 201,240 km2;
▪ Develop new training centers for doctors;
▪ Increase the medical academic capacity of the region.